Butterfly Sparks Designs

Sunday, December 7, 2008

All Eyes On You

With the plethora of make-up on the market, it's hard to know what to choose & easy to get overwhelmed! I've spent I don't know how much money on finding the right brands & choosing just the right shades. And, then even more money after I've thrown away the ones that didn't work & went back & bought the ones that did. It's definitely a game of trial & error.

But, make-up is a girl's best friend...ok, maybe 2nd best. :) Regardless, it's essential! I feel completely naked if I don't "put on my face" every morning. Of course, there was a time when I didn't feel that way. As much as I hate to admit it, my friend Katie is responsible for my love affair w/ make-up. She would always say, "you need to play up your eyes...wear more eyeshadow & eyeliner." Don't get me wrong, I wore it, I just never wore enough to look like it was even there! I always thought it made my eyes look like a raccoon, so I shied away from it. Well, I've grown out of that stage and now I can't get enough of the stuff! I think I've probably tried every brand & color out there.

There's one thing in particular that I have to credit Katie (again) for helping me find & I think all you girls (please no guys ;)) should try!

I've used Cover Girl eyeliner for at least a couple years & have been pretty happy with it. My only complaint would be that I have to reapply it like...all the time! If I rub my eyes, it comes off. If I cry, it comes off. It goes AND comes off too easily! Katie was telling me recently that she started using M.A.C. eyeliner & loved it, so I thought, hmmm, let's see if it works. So, I went & bought it & it's the best $14 I've ever spent! It WILL NOT come off (unless of course you use eye make-up remover) & it looks fabulous! I'm definitely in love! :)

5 comments:

Katie said...

Girl, I TOLD you that you would love, love, love it! It's absolutely the best! ...make sure to get the old fashioned sharpening kind! I'm sporting "espresso" today smudged up another fabulous find...Bare Essentials Shadow liner in "Hiking Trail" a sparkly, gold color (my new favorite!). I'm so proud you've joined the juiced up eyes club - your eyes are fabulous - I'd kill for those double lashes! :)

Jenna Cox said...

what do you know about MAC mascara? Better? I feel like i cant find anything that makes them long and full like i would like!

Katie said...

I have tried it - I don't care for it really but I have approximately 12 eyelashes total, so, clumping is a huge problem for me and it may just be me. My favorite used to be the original Mary Kay - but they have changed their formula and wand it's just not the same. I have two new favorites: Clinique's High Impact Mascara and (believe it or not) AVON's SuperFULL mascara. Now, I've also found that mascara goes on a lot better if you put a lash primer on first (the white stuff) - but it's not for everyone. Hope that helps! :)

Fashionista said...

Cover Girl Lash Blast (in the orange tube) is the best stuff I have used...EVER! The wand is great & it really makes your eyelashes thick & full. :) I also tried Ulta's mascara & I like it too. I haven't used MAC mascara, but I've heard good things from others about it. What are you using now Jenna?

Katie said...

I'm not super stoked about Lash Blast - it clumps really badly on my lashes, but, again - it may just be my sparse lashes...which you don't have with those double lashes of yours! :)