Butterfly Sparks Designs

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Falling for Fashion

I absolutely LOVE this time of year! Always have. Probably always will. What is it about Fall that's just so satisfying? Is it the leaves turning, the promise of the beauty that will unfold around me, the cooler weather, pumpkin pie (one of my all time favs!)? Yep, that would be the many reasons I adore this season. But, I also love that I get to change my wardrobe! By the end of August, I'm pretty much tired of tank tops & shorts and ready to bring out the sweaters & boots! Anyone with me on that? :)

Speaking of sweaters & boots (& such), I am really into the new fall fashions this year. I mean, every year you have your staples like tunics w/ leggings, tall boots (in every color I might add), comfy, but cute, sweaters, long cardis, & pretty blouses, but I like that there's a new trend every season. This fall, I've really noticed that plaids, cropped leather jackets, and tops w/ ruffles are really in. And, the colors getting a lot of attention are shades of purple, gold, & green. Gorgeous!

I want to talk about this issue of plaids for a sec. Not sure about you, but I've never been crazy about plaid anything. But, since this does seem to be the biggest trend for Fall that I've seen so far, I bought a gray & purple stripe plaid tunic to wear with leggings & boots & I have to say, that I really like it! It doesn't mean that I'm going to rush out & get all things plaid, but I am at least willing to try something new...:)

Even with the new trends, I'm still crazy about tall boots over jeans, cute jackets, blousy shirts, long necklaces, & tunics. Yes, yes...it's safe to say I've fallen for Fall clothes...and Fall's not even officially here yet! Oh well...in my closet it is! :)

0 comments: